TLC News and Message Board
- May 4th, join us for the Spirits of Spring. A Wine and Food Tasting in support of Tri-Lakes Cares. Information available HERE
- May 8th is the third annual Taste of Tri-Lakes Cares! Location is the Sundance Mountain Lodge. Deatils HERE.
- Mark your calendars for May 11, 2013 @ 9:00am, for the Tri- Lakes Fitness Center’s 5K Run/Walk to benefit Tri-Lakes Cares!
Register in person prior to race day at Tri-Lakes Fitness, 1728 Lake Woodmoor Dr, Monument CO (719) 481-9021. For a copy of the Registration Form, click HERE.
- Monday, May 20 at 8:30 AM, is the tenth annual Oil Can Open at The Kissing Camels Golf Course. Proceeds benefit Tri-Lakes Cares. For info, click HERE.
- NEW VOLUNTEER ORIENTATION will take place May 21 at 5:30PM at the TLC facility. Orientation is required for all TLC volunteers. A reservation is also required to attend the orientation. RSVP by calling 719-481-4864 x109 or email
- THANK YOU! for all the following donations!
Fellowship of the Second Mile – Grant for $900 for two new computers hardware and software for the Senior Supplement program.
Tri-Lakes Cares eBlast -
to receive our monthly eBlast.
View the Calendar of Tri-Lakes Cares service times, activities and scheduled events.
Community Calendar of Events
- April 30th is the last day to participate in the Feinstein Fund Challenge. Donate food or money designated to this challenge and it will be matched with a percentage from the Feinstein Fund. www.feinsteinfoundation.org
- 2013 Blood Drive Dates: At Tri-Lakes Cares, 3–7 P.M. Driver’s License Required
- January 15
- March 19
- May 21
- July 16
- September 17
- November 19
- Sunny Vista Living Center – 10th annual art show at 2445 East Cache La Poudre on May 3rd from 4-7PM
- May 7th @ 6:35pm Skysocks game and TLC is the chosen charity of the night. Wear your red or blue TLC t-shirts and join us. Tickets are for sale at Hangers Thrift Shop and are $10 each.
- 2013 Tri-Lakes Family Health Fair. Saturday, May 11, 7:30 to noon. 146 Jefferson St, Monument in the D-38 admin building ("Big Red") basement (aka Learning Center). Free admission to all. Many free health screenings including diabetes, hearing, blood pressure, body mass index and more. Blood glucose and cholesterol screening for only $7 (12 hour fasting recommended). Many information providers attending including American Red Cross, American Cancer Society, YMCA and Tri-Lakes Monument Fire Department with Sparky the Dog! For more info, visit the HAP website: www.TriLakesHAP.org
- Take Pride in Monument Day will be on May 25th. Looking for volunteers to assist with projects that help to beatify the town and some seniors homes. Please contact Vicki Mynhier at the Town of Monument 460-4179.
Senior Grocery Program
Senior grocery packers Jackie, Jo and Ginny pack the grocery bags decorated by the students of Hope Montessori Academy in Monument.
Our Senior Supplemental Grocery Program currently assists 62 seniors every month with an individually packed bag of non-perishable food items, hygiene products and cleaning supplies. This program is designed to allow needy seniors to stretch their budget dollars to be able to pay for other necessities. For more information about this program or to donate needed items, contact Diane Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2012 Taste of Tri-Lakes Cares
Chefs from local restaurants served creative and delicious recipes using ingredients from the TLC food pantry!
Click to View Galleries